View Single Post
      11-06-2012, 02:16 PM   #1
949Banker
Private
Rep
Drives: E46 JB M3 Vert | E92 AW 335Xi

Remote Start DIY for E70 X5s and E46 M3s

Yup, I'm going to take the plunge. I've always been very anti-remote start...Thinking it had no purpose to serve when I was back home in Cali, plus the fact that when running remote start you only really warm up the engine oil and not the entirety of the fluids in other components of the car. Yes I've read the user manuals of each car and BMW does not want us to use these things whatsoever. I get it because of anti-idling laws in Europe...So what's the use? To look cool? Ugh...

So why now? Well apparently...over here in IA, you can get a ticket if you got snow floating off of a running car. Plus, it seriously would be really nice if the windows were defrosted and lastly a warm seat to get in before driving 35 miles to work.

At the moment, I already got the diagrams to do proper bypassing for the E46 M3. The following items I'll be using are:

Viper 5904 Security with Remote Start:

Viper SmartStart (iPhone integration):

Viper 556UW Universal Transponder Anti-Theft Bypass

Can't wait for those items to come in and I'll publish a DIY as I get them and will update this thread.

Now for the E70, I still haven't found any good info about actual installation for it. I've seen a bunch of people using an assortment of goods and also have posted youtube vids. No DIYs...I might have to ask some help with this and will takes notes to share with everyone. For the time being, I know these are the things I'll be needing for the install:

Viper 4704 Remote Start:

Viper SmartStart (iPhone integration):

Xpresskit KIBMW Key Interface Module:

Xpresskit DLPK Doorlock Module:

Thanks for looking guys! I'll post up updates as stuff progress!

03 Jet Black E46 M3 Vert || 08 Alpine White E92 335xi
MFest || TheSHOP || STM || Southbay Autohaus || EAS
AG Forged || StilundMacht || BavX || Hardware Motorsport || Team Leche
Appreciate 0