08-20-2015, 08:32 AM   #223
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom View Post
I'm not a badge whore, I would buy a Porsche before I ever considered a Ferrari. I would buy a GT-R over any BMW as well. I just don't really care for BMW cars and generally they don't measure up to Porsche performance.

Like I said, nothing you can tell me will convince my otherwise - objectively they are absolutely better cars, it's the subjective measures where people have their differences.
Quote:
Drives: E90 6Spd ZSP
???

I hope to have one a 911 at some point, would only buy used and it would be a weekend car. Initial cost isn't what bother me but instead depreciation. I only end up driving my weekend car very limited miles and I don't want these limited miles to cost a massive amount per mile.

If I buy a $60k car and sell it for $45k it may be a better deal and more fun to own than buying a $40k car that after the same amount of time and use is worth $20k when I sell it.

Used ones aren't overpriced, the market decides the price and people are buying and selling them. You can say they are more than you think they are worth. I thought a house down the street was priced for far more than it was worth, it sold for what they asked and quickly so obviously it was priced where it should have been or maybe they should have asked for more.

I believe my Z4M's (not at all saying or trying to debate it is at the same league as a Porsche) value has only dropped about $3k- $5k in the last 4 years and have a hard time replacing it with a car that would cost 3-4 times as much to own (whether I can afford it or not), especially if the main reason is to gain a few seconds on lap times.