View Single Post
      03-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #38
blue dragon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: '22 Tesla MY + '23 Tesla MY

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
I'd have to say that although not cheap, $1000 for an upgrade is not out of this world. Most would spend that on exhaust, splitters, etc.

Did you do all the work yourself?

And the reason why vendors won't post an OEM LED vs. their aftermarket bulbs is because it would be embarrassing. There is no point because not a SINGLE bulb out there can make the non-OEM coronas look anything like the OEM coronas. On a different forum I even saw some guy put true H8 HID lights in there. The inner halo was BLINDINGLY bright, and the outer one, well, you know the story there. Of course it messed up the coronas, but it just goes to show there is little point. It's a slight improvement, but that's about it.
Yes, did the work myself including the coding. I will be hanging onto my E70 a bit longer than planned, so I didn't mind spending the money. I was hoping to get a cayenne diesel, test drove it, loved the drive, but its too small . So I will eventually get into an F15 X5, maybe the 2015 or 2016 MY. I've learned to not buy a first MY until the bugs get fixed.

Last edited by blue dragon; 03-06-2014 at 09:59 AM..
Appreciate 0