Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35 View Post
My tuner had 275/40 Pirelli all around but I dont think they were studded, he was happy with them but the rear tires had the stretched look I attached a pic of 275/40 on a 10.5" wheel to give an idea. I agree about the 19" looks I have winters on for 1/2 the year I don't want it to look lame 1/2 the time.

Thanks for the input my wife drove an entire winter on that set up with no issues. I was very impressed with the DWS like I said I planned to buy dedicated winter tires but the DWS were that good I stuck with them. The fact it can drive on ice and in deep snow says a lot no its not like driving on an icey road but it still involves traction, i see 4x4 trucks stuck on the lake every day but we had no issues getting around and even had some fun "thrashing about". I now have the DWS on my ///M for winter and since i need a set of tires for one of us and we already have summer wheels/tires I put my wife on 20" Nokian happilatta studded tires...and those are unreal they are easily the best winter tires money can buy. We have already had over 12" of snow this winter and are getting another 1" today so we are in extreme winter where I live and the DWS are up to the task, when they wear out I will get 20" winter tires because I have 22" summer wheels/tires but for people that have mild winters and want to run them all year the DWS are a great tire our winters are long and brutal and the perfomermed excellent with good ice traction and great deep snow traction which surprised me due to the lugs not being very deep.

And because I like pictures here is a picture from last winter with the DWS.

Here are the nokians 275/40 20 square on replica 9.5/10.5" wheels

Which Nokian's are those? Do you have any pics of it dead on from the rear? From that picture it doesn't look too stretched - does it look better than the pirelli's? I love Nokians, but they don't make a 315 tire. I mentioned the Pirelli ice and snow studded because they do make a 315 for the x5M. How do you like the studs? Are they noisy/destructive?
Appreciate 0