04-07-2018, 07:02 PM   #948
Rob Olejniczak
1st M-car Car nut
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW928 View Post
Any idea how this would compare to Gran Turismo on the PS4? I've been thinking about getting a wheel for it (and the game, as I won't get it until I have a wheel!). But, using my computer for it sounds interesting as well. I suppose it's a similar wheel, as both are USB?

BTW, I also used to own a 928, an '82. That was a fun car, but the previous owner(s) hadn't cared for it well, so it became too much of a money-pit. I got to meet some cool people though, including the folks from Devek. I got a ride in the Devek 'White Car' from Susan (one of the racer/owners).
This is the race I did today. It is broadcast on Youtube every Saturday. It's still early in the season and I'm barely leading the championship. I started 2nd, but drove like crap today and ended up in 4th. IRacing is the most realistic racing sim available. It's not cheap for a game, but compared to track days it's cheap. You only race against real people. There are license levels from rookie to pro, which is based on how safe of a driver you are. There is also an iRating which is based on how well you finish. Lots of wins and high finishes consistently leads to a high iRating. Both of those leads to clean racing for the most part. The racing ends up being very realistic and people race like real life. Most online games are more like bumper cars and making it through the 1st corner is a crap shoot.

Today's race had a lot more carnage than normal. Multi-class racing at Road Atlanta isn't easy and leads to a lot of incidents.

I really like the 928, but now that I have the M3 I'm debating on selling it too. It's very similar to the M3 in a lot of ways, just older. That's pretty cool about getting a ride in the Devek car.