View Single Post
      01-25-2016, 04:39 PM   #25
backhill
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 & 2015 Sierra HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
I get that, but don't think it helps to compare the car to premium luxury brands in the way they do. Are they trying to market it as a well sorted value proposition to those in the market for a $20K - $30K car or are they trying to be something they are not? They should be doing the former and there are better points to sell than the fact some people in the focus group supposedly couldn't tell it was a Chevy. Did they not recognize it because it is nice and the rest of their lineup and brand is crap? Is that the message they are spending millions on advertising?

Interesting how no one thought it was a Cadillac. I guess Chevy doesn't put Caddy in the same league as the others named in the commercial. Or, maybe the whole thing was just contrived. I didn't read fine print on the screen but wouldn't be surprised if the "focus group" is actually fictional.
Are you surprised that the masses that aren't "into" cars can't tell what it is? It's a car with mass appeal. That's how to sell your lower-end, mass produced cars to Joe Public. Kudos to GM. They're not trying to be something they're not, (ie MB, Audi, BMW). They are selling a value proposition that's stating it's a luxury car without the luxury price.

Chevy and Cadillac marketing sit in their own silos. They rarely speak, nor does one know what the other is designing to certain extents.
Appreciate 0