View Single Post
      03-10-2014, 10:04 PM   #10
aas5
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3

I just upgraded from an X6 5.0 without the adaptive drive to an X6M. Like you, I was worried about the ride quality. The M is much much smoother than the 5.0 to the point where I'm surprised they are essentially the same cars. So go ahead an upgrade and you won't look back.

I disagree with others on the run flats. I use the stock run flat summers during the warm months and switch to non-run flats during the winter. I like the ride of the summer tires better and don't have any issue with the quality. I do appreciate the added convenience and safety of the run flats. With so many bad roads here in NY, especially after this long winter, there are pot holes everywhere and the last thing I want to do is to get stuck on the road changing tires or waiting for the road assistance. In fact a day after I came back from the PCD Andy as driving to put my winters on on my new x6M, I hit a pot hole and my OEM tire got damaged so I had to drive 15 miles to the dealer to get it replaced. Definitely saved me at least a couple of hours of doing it myself on the side of the road and didn't ruin my day. I'm also glad I had the BMW wheel and tire insurance but that my friends is for a separate discussion.
Sold: 2020 X7 M50 White Mineral with Ivory & Blue, 2017 X6M Long Beach Blue with Mugello Red, 2014 X6M Monte Carlo Blue with Mugello Red, 2011 X6 5.0 Black on Black, 2008 E350 4Matic Silver, 2006 Infiniti M45 Diamond Graphite
Appreciate 0