View Single Post
      06-14-2017, 04:47 PM   #13
335dsleeper
Banned
Rep
Drives: 09' 335d 10'35D

Turned the 189k today. I know that before we purchased the car, the EGR cooler was replaced under warranty. Other than that, I'm not sure what else was done prior to our ownership.

Since we purchased Thanksgiving weekend of 2014, we've put just under 100k miles on the X5. The only part we've had fail was the right rear air shock. Since we purchased it, I've done a lot of preventative maintenance and installed the staggered 20" Y spoke wheels.

Parts I've replaced/ maintenance:

-Replaced cowl plastic that someone broke
-Fuel Rail sensor (it popped messing with the JBD, R&R no issues since)
-In-tank fuel pump
-F&R diff fluid (Amsoil)
-Transfer case fluid (2x since purchase)
-Transmission filter/ fluid (2x since purchase)
-Fuel filter (every other oil change ish)
-Rotella T6 w/ Archoil 9100 (I try to change every 5k-7500k, went 12k and had favorable blackstone analysis.)
-Clean MAF/ K&N filter every other oil change
-Drilled/slotted F&R brakes
-Harmonic balancer
-AC/ACC belts

At 173k added the BPC Stage 2+ tune. We love this X5 and don't see ourselves getting rid of it until the X7 is released. We average 27-29mpg and have gotten over 30mpg with 100% highway driving. I also do a lot of towing (335d) with the X5; it's a really great vehicle and with the 3rd row seat, it's perfect for my family. We have 4 kids 9 and under.

All that said, my wife called me and said "I heard a loud pop" and now it's riding rough. The rear is sagging, so both air bags are flat. Hopefully one of the air supply lines burst or something. I hope it's not the compressor. Ether way, I'll get that fixed soon. Update: driverside airbag was the culprit. All fixed!

I've attached the 12k oil analysis for review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue dragon View Post

Lets hear some more about your service history
Attached Images

Last edited by 335dsleeper; 06-20-2017 at 10:17 AM..
Appreciate 3
ddinse4.50
HJ478.00