Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82M/S213 E450 A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerMat135 View Post
Modded is the key words if your going to void the warranty you can't compare.
Who's comparing? You asked a question, I answered. If you don't agree, that's fine, but I'm not going to change my answer because you have another criteria that you didn't state earlier. In hindsight, it sounds like that question was loaded and more rhetorical than a legitimate request for information. If you want the Type R, get it, you don't need anyone else's approval, there are no arguments to be won here to validate your choice. I will never get a Type R, it's not my type of car. Maybe it's your type of car? That's your prerogative. Please post pictures when you do, because I think it's an interesting car! Just not for me.

You want a track warrior and are worried about your warranty? Sounds like you want more like a street car you can track rather than a track warrior you can street. That's a whole different ballgame. A truly track ready Type R will still need modifications.

You think that Type R will be good in the snow? I don't think so.
I'm of course not talking about doing the 24 hours of Le Mans but for occasional track duty with a set of cup 2 tires the type r will do just fine.

For winter driving I've had many fwd cars in winter and they do great. Now you had a lsd and appart of the low ground clearance you have everything to perform well.

But of course I respect your choice.
Appreciate 0