View Single Post
      08-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #25
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireroasted View Post
Well I didn't buy it from a BMW dealership, but rather a small dealership that bought the car at auction. It had 60k of lease miles on it, and the BMW dealers don't want used ones with that many miles so they pass on them. My concern was to make as sure as possible that there weren't any other hiding issues, so I decided to pay for the inspection. I had the other dealer drop the car off at night, had it fully inspected by BMW so I knew all of the little issues.

That is why the photo is at a BMW dealership. That is literally where I picked the car up myself, then drove to the other dealership and paid for it. It was weird, but totally worth the 300 bucks. Now I also know what to specifically ask for at the first maintenance visit, because it has the 100k maintenance plan as well. So I know it needs oil change, and coolant change.

If you buy it from BMW they do that inspection before they take the cars in to prep for sale. They handle correcting all the little things they find, which I guess could come to over a grand quickly on a 2-3 year old car, so its often pitched as a 1500 dollar value. That all depends, but I do believe the 300 bucks is worth it for piece of mind if not buying from BMW directly.
That is definitely worth it. I saw a 2011 M Sport for sale here at the local BMW dealership, also has 60K miles on it. They are selling it for $39K (an Alpine White one). Bit higher on the miles, but I wonder when they decide to keep a high miler versus passing it on to an auction.

Does yours have a clean Carfax or any signs of bodywork? Did you run a paint thickness gauge on it?
Appreciate 0