View Single Post
      03-14-2017, 01:28 PM   #11
M.FriedmanFast
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Update: Pics

All,

I apologize in advance for the graininess of the images, but nonetheless wanted to post an update on the E70 project.

1. Decided to purchase new front and rear bumpers to render a better finished product
2. All polyurethane pieces have been removed and / or replaced, sanded and undergone first primer application; given the elasticity of the material, they allow them to dry and constrict, followed by yet another sanding and primer application
3. Aero kit received, primed and painted
4. Running board alloy inserts will be painted satin black to allow for a subtle match with the satin kidneys
4. Satin black kidneys received and installed

The shop has copiously documented the entire process via HD images and I will post these upon completion of this phase of the project. Thus far, I couldn't be more pleased with the meticulous approach employed by RJ and his crew. In one of the images you can see the myriad components dispersed throughout the shop at varying stages of progress; I'll reemphasize again the labor intensity of this monochromatic paint process.

As for other updates:

1. KW V3 and Stoptech front and rear kit scheduled to arrive next week; pictures forthcoming
2. ESS SC scheduled to arrive 1.5 weeks hence; we are increasingly confident that the selected kit will fit with minor modifications to the intake and the potential relocation of the coolant reservoir; the path of least resistance does not apply when it comes to custom builds, a lesson that I never seem to learn let alone interpolate
3. Velos S2s scheduled to arrive by the month's end
4. We have yet to decide on the final exhaust design; as for tips, I am leaning toward Akrapovic-styled carbon ones

Lastly, I included an image of my e92 which is currently under the knife

More to come!
Attached Images

2013 F10 M5 Singapore Grey | BPM Stage-II Tune | SSP Spec-R clutch-pack| RPI DPs | RPI GTM | RK Intake | Custom Aquamist WMI system | KW V3 coilovers | Dinan Sway Bars | RW Diffsuer | RW Front Spoiler | IND Trim | HRE s101s | Passport 9500ci | AWRON digital gauge cluster
AND: e92 M3, e70 x5, 997.1 GT3, F15 x5M, e34 M5, 80-series LC
Appreciate 0