View Single Post
      05-04-2016, 08:25 AM   #54
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

How many actual deaths have been reported from these airbags? As of April 7 2016, TEN deaths in the US.
That sucks. But in the time it took my to type that, more ppl died from crack OD / heart failure / diabetes / falling off swings / anything else.

I guess I agree with the recall, but all this owner fuss and BMW not selling vehicles seems like over-reaction. I know they are thinking of liability, but come on... Every car on the road can kill you a hundred other ways than blowing shrapnel in your face. And it may take years to get enough replacements manufactured and installed, so all these cars are on the road until then anyway (except the ones BMW takes on trade-in).
Why not use common sense and let ppl sell/buy cars and just sign a liability waiver? Let people make their own decisions and take responsibility for those decisions.

On tv this morning I heard something about 35 MILLION more airbags affected? That brings the total to 63 Million, or 1 in 4 cars on the road in the US.

If you are pissed you should be pissed at Takata, and whoever is supposed to be watching their quality control, not BMW because they are in no way the only manuf impacted.
I hope measures are being put in place to ensure a failure of this scale does not happen again. Takata needs to be shut down and sold off for the money and hassle they are causing.
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star

Last edited by heatmizr; 05-04-2016 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 0