Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Garage List
16 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by virjose View Post
The rivets can't really be reused as you need to almost break them (or stretch them out). I will give you two pieces of advice as I just did this last week and because of it I had to uninstall them twice:

1- Assemble the aluminum trim to the plastic running board BEFORE snapping the running board back on the car. It became evident after I did it that there was no way of screwing the plate in place once the plastic piece is in place

2- Look closely in the box of contents and you will find four pieces of hard styrofoam black in color and very sturdy, these need to go BETWEEN the aluminum trim and the plastic trim. If you skip this step the black rubber dimples on the board will sink in when you stand on them. I found this out too late and had to disassemble both sides

Hope this helps! If it had not been for these issues I would have been done in 1.5hrs by myself, so it is ridiculous how dealers are quoting 4hrs for labor (that's what they quoted me)
Ah thanks for the tips! DOes the kit come with new rivets? i haven't looked in the box yet. Did you have to use a rivet gun?

Yeah i wasnt going to pay the dealer 150 an hour to do the install.. their BS'ers.
Past: 2011 E92 335Xi
Appreciate 0