02-22-2018, 12:44 PM   #75
m5james
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 X5M Alpine White on Sakhir

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
I had previously just been checking the outlet hose and could t find oil in it but the check valve does have oil pooling in it so I guess the vapor is just running straight through? The cans I bought said BMS on the listing on eBay so I bought them and later realized they were knock offs...”BMS Style.” They look exactly like bmw ones and the baffles are the same...not sure why the setup isn’t working.. the interior of the hose is actually smaller than stock so it should work...unless I get some super tiny ones with actual fittings.
The cover was my practice for making my CF intakes...hopefully it works out this time.
I looked into the eBay knockoff ones as well, but having read multiple posts on N54Tech about them leaking, no efficiency, etc I opted to not get them. You should look into getting a couple real ones to see if that helps. I'm still leaning towards using a pair of the ECS ones since they have dipsticks but then again that's just one more potential vacuum leak, so that's why I haven't decided until I research other users results.
Appreciate 0