View Single Post
      02-13-2018, 08:13 AM   #69
philly42
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5M, Z3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandref321 View Post
I used 16mm (5/8”) hose on everything. It’s a tight fit and takes a wiggle but will go on. Your setup looks great! I’ve had mine on for 500miles now and it seems to be working fine, but I’m barely collecting any oil and only on the driver’s side. The passenger side is dry. I will try moving the baffles to the intake side and if that doesn’t change anything then I’ll check the inside of the outlet for oil and determine if the can isn’t working
My passenger side is not dry but has very little oil compared to the driverside. The driverside pulls a lot of vacuum since it connects both intake manifolds.

My setup was capturing oil but apparently not enough. A good place to check if the catch-can is filtering well, is the CCV upper check valve. There shouldn't be any oil building up there. I switched to a catch-can that has a different baffle design and larger diameter hoses. Hopefully this will help.

FYI, I do hard pulls on the highway all the time so the catch-can is getting tested under high vacuum conditions.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0