Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP / 2017 RRS SC

Garage List
2017 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyboy View Post
BMW service sucks. This is the second dealership I have dealt with for three different cars, and each location has pissed me off in so many different ways. This time, I wanted to get in one more service before my warranty expires. They claimed to do a "full inspection" to see if anything needs fixing/replacement. I know they are normally only allowed to fix what is specifically pointed out to them, but the service manager assured me they would do a close inspection anyway and get in whatever service they could. Meanwhile, they wouldn't even squeeze in a last oil and filter change for me, even though it had been almost a year (low mileage service). Also, they wouldn't replace the spark plugs, even though there had been four oil "changes", but not oil "services". WTF??? They even didn't fix the loose carpeted panel on the side of the rear HVAC vents, which was not replaced correctly during the previous service when they installed new vents. The work order said "compared carpeted panel to other X5 and found no difference". That is total BS. I mentioned this to the SA. He said they ordered the clips for the carpeted panel (no mention of that in the work order), but they "weren't in yet". Then why did he have me come in to pick up my car? That was a week ago. Still no call to let me know the "ordered clips" were in. I wouldn't give these clowns a dollar for a rip off extended warranty. With a good OBD II reader, strong DIY skills and a dependable Euro mechanic, I'll be just fine without the dealerships. Just awful.
Are you Chicago proper or burbs? If you are Chi Proper and go to "P's" yea they suck unless your car is 80K+, if you're in a burb, which one?

17 M3 ZCP -- 2017 Range Rover Sport SC
--RIP--
12 X5 50i Sport -- 11 M3 DCT -- 2011 X5 50i(Lemon) -- 2008 550 Msport -- 2007 x5 4.8 sport -- 2004 545 sport -- 2002 x5 4.4 sport -- 2001 540i Msport 2000 SL500 -- 1997 SL500
Appreciate 0