View Single Post
      06-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
JUSTIN335
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i m-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless619 View Post
If this trim is as easy as the E92 M3 then EAS can do it in 30-60 mins. Very easy. They took out my Carbon Leather and put in Brushed Aluminum. Several tabs were broken and they gave me brand new ones with the swap. I watched the entire swap. Looked easy. Again that was for the M3 but honestly my X5 interior is similar.

My X5 has the dark wood and looks just like the M3 trim.
I was hoping it was easy like the M3 too, since I've seen EAS do it as well, but 5seriesHB and some other user messaged me telling me it was very hard. I think some are simple but the center ones look like a PITA. If anyone could confirm it was easy I'd still be down for a local swap for the carbon leather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isugoo View Post
can you post some pics? I wanna see how alu. trim looks. (I have carbon black trims)
Ill try to get around to it, I never take interior pics since the outside is all I care about haha. I see youre in Irvine, are you the guy with the white one with black rims always driving by Newport Coast Drive/Bonita Canyon/Culver??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
ya know Don Nguyen is a sponsor on Bimmerfest and maybe here too, he can wrap ur carbon in 3m Aluminum! FYI
he did mine in CF. this dumb website wont let me upload the pics. but it came out amazing ! hes a class act!.
donathon@gmail.com
I have the aluminum, I want the carbon fiber haha. And thanks for the recommendation. I had a friend wrap his STI trim in carbon leather-like wrap and it turned out really nice.
Appreciate 0