04-17-2019, 03:24 AM   #4
Dave00
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly42 View Post
You could probably spray some of the CRC stuff through the crankcase tubes. (#1 and #2 in pic) They connect to the intake manifold after the throttle valve. Check for some guides on how to spray CRC. I would think spraying a small volume at a time would be the way to go and have someone press the gas a little. Expect misfires and throttle valve fault codes.

I helped my brother walnut blast is N54 Z4 at 30k and there was a lot of carbon build up. I can only imagine how much carbon we must have. I have the tools for walnut blasting but I don't want to drop the engine to gain enough access to do it.
Just curious as to what you used for the walnut blasting and any advise as I'm thinking of doing this on my wife's traverse. It's fairly easy to reach all the intake plenums and valves on this motor as the intake comes off in 10 minutes and I can see/reach all of them with the motor in the car.

Probably won't be doing this on the E70 anytime soon and will try and see if I can use the CRC to keep it at bay for a while.
Appreciate 0