shenard
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 X6 50i AW

Garage List
2009 BMW X6 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC View Post
There is a reason "M" cars are held in such high regard in the automotive industry.

Yes there will be a performance version of the X5 and X6. No they will not have a "M" badge on them.
Obviously not that many people, other than enthusiasts, care too much about how highly regarded they are in the industry because they are not selling well. The dealer by my house has 11 or them including convertibles on the lot and the other Dallas dealership has at least 7 or 8 and the Arlington one where I drove the X6 50i had 9 and told me they are not selling nearly as well as originally anticipated and they would work a great deal on one if I was interested.

I don't have any inside contacts but if I had to guess I would guess that BMW will put the M badge on the X6. I don't think anyone is going to argue that they are making some kind of "higher" performance version of the 50i and they need to because the next Porsche Cayenne will be a Turbo S with 550hp. I can't imagine what else they would call the X6 without slapping on an M badge because if they even boost the HP on the 50i to 550-650hp then I am sure they will change the suspension, brakes, etc. and at that point they might as well make it an "M" model for marketing reasons.
Appreciate 0