View Single Post
      12-09-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
Ayrton91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW X5 3.5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999
You guys really would buy one of the first ones? I toured the factory and figured that it has to take at least a year to get all the bugs worked out. There is SO much automation.

Even so, case in point, is the 2013 X6 with M sport package. The first ones off the line were missing a ton of features. They didn't get it sorted out for months. People smart enough to realize it had to have their exhausts cut off and new ones welded on. Door sills were missing, and God only knows if they got the HP bump.

If it were me (and yes, the new X5 is on my list), I would give it AT LEAST a year, if not two before you picked up one of these.

Just sayin...
I am on a similar situation. The lease on my 2010 3.5d expires in March. Wife does not want the same car for another three years, and my CA tells me I could get the lease extended, but I am not eager to get a first year production car. So, although not crazy with the idea, I am considering an Acura MDX which would save me some money for a couple years to then come back to the X5 (probably post LCI). Now if the incentives on the last E70 units are good story could be different...
Appreciate 0