View Single Post
      03-09-2018, 11:46 AM   #1
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

Question Eye Burning Smell

searched the forum but i couldnt find similar topic.. not everytime but sometimes when i accelerate hardly such a smell is coming from vents that burns eyes and even nose.. its not like oil, its not like rotten egg, its not like burnt plastic.. but the scent is pretty sharp and really burns eyes and nose.. anyone had such problem?

i couldnt look closely but i guess something is dripping on something hot and makes such a scent.. like steering hydraulic or something like that.. cant say is there a close relation since it wasnt the first time but brake fluid changed in BMW service last week maybe some hydraulic splashed somewhere donno.. before car spent few hours in the service such a scent was coming also but it was really really rare actually i was thinking it was coming from some other car like a faulty catt or something.. and there were times i was pushing the car much more than today.. any idea ll be appreciated.. thank you..

PS: may sound weird but im suspecting brake pads also.. cause that smell comes in after a bit harder braking i believe..

Last edited by yco; 03-09-2018 at 12:40 PM..
Appreciate 0