Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Aventurin/SS G82 xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerostar View Post
Sure.

Started with a brief classroom introduction and you get split into 4 groups.

There was:

- Drag Race (M6, M6 cab, X5M, X6M)
- M2 five laps as driver, five laps as passenger taking turns behind the instructor
- M3, same as M2
- M4 autocross
- M3 instructor hot lap

Overall it was pretty damn fun. Our M2 laps were kind of shitty b/c we had an old lady in our group and she was going 80 on the back straight. The M3 instructor noticed she was slow and made her follow him for two laps to get more comfortable. By the 2nd lap we were going 120 down the back straight.

Drag race was more about being able to brake at the right time than it was about actually beating anyone in a straight line. Launch control and MDM wasn't allowed for this portion. For this portion, there's a box with a red X in the middle; you pretty much want to slam on your brakes after you pass that box to be able to stop on time.

M4 autox was fun. I got the 6th best time of the day out of 44 and it was my first time doing it so yeah. The M4 feels like it's on rails. For the track and for autox you get to run in MDM w/ partial traction off.

Instructor hot lap was pretty much them drifting through all the turns and apparently trying to get some air on the tight S toward the end of the track.

Overall it was damn fun for someone who's a beginner on the track. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who's experienced at the track, though. I think it might be boring especially if you get put in a novice group on the track portion.

I think the funniest part was during the parking. They directed all the non-BMW drivers over to the wall to get them out of sight. My friend drove us there in his porsche and we had to go to the treeline like second class citizens. xD
Do they give out any swag?
Appreciate 0