View Single Post
      06-18-2016, 12:18 PM   #3
Crazy1323
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5M

I'd be interested on what kind of benefits that we could se on a hot day. Snow advertises as dropping intake temps as much as 100 degrees. I am hoping that it would lake driving on a hot summer day feel like a nice cool winter night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I'm looking into doing the same and have been emailing with Aquamist on their HFS-4 kit and I'm still waiting on Snow Performance to get back to me on their 210 kit.

I've been trying to follow in the footsteps of the M5 guys, but at this point we don't have flash tuners that'll let the meth controllers and our ECU's talk directly to each other for their failsafes in case of meth system failures, we can't run the Burger Motorsports JB4 (data logging) or BCM (wastegate control) for their multitude of uses. Then there's the fact that the S63 and S63TU are wildly different...we don't have MAF sensors, our plastic charge pipes have electronic blow off valves vs the M5 guys who can buy metal charge pipes with welded on meth bungs.

At this point spraying meth will only be for is cleaning properties (big selling point seeing what 335i guys have to go through to avoid carbon buildup) and added octane (I've considered running 100/108 from a pump just to see if I'd even notice the difference beforehand), but since we're the bastard child of the ///M world, it's still untouched territory.
Appreciate 0