TheVazha
Major
Rep
Drives: X5Mmmkay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVazha View Post
Dude consider how many Lexani and Lionhart tires are sold with little or no complaints at all. Almost every US SUV and some German that run 22's all rock them. Every Burb, Tahoe, or Escapade run them and they do just fine.

Of course, if you're at the track I recommend you spend a bit and get some track ready tire. In over a year and a half of ownership I can tell you that not once have I needed a track spec tire, and I DRIVE.

With that said, I'd rather have new Lexani's on my ride every 8 months than one set of some $2K++ fan boy tires.
I'm leaning towards this logic as well. The hardest time I drive my X5M on 22's is for the week that I'm gone to Bimmerfest, the other 6 months I'm doing DD duties back and forth to work in Seattle's short summer. Once the rain returns, then I throw the 20's back on.
Exactly.

I had to do a 500 mile round trip drive twice in the past month. Guess what I did? I slapped on my stocks with nice juicy Pirellis and I drove. When I got back home I slapped on the 22's. It takes me 20 minutes, literally, to swap tires. I'm like a one man pit crew. It's all about having the right tools.

For DD going to work and back and the occasional red light blast, I'm sure any tire will do.

Sitting in LA rain!
Attached Images