USMC Ret.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 JKU and 2013 F30 335i

Garage List
2010 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I understand using a home made screen when using a $500 projector, but there definitely is a difference in using a proper screen.
For those considering a screen, my preference is Screen Innovations' offerings. Their Black Diamond material is so good most of the top manufacturers use it when displaying their projectors.

www.screeninnovations.com
My buddy has a nice $600+ screen and I really can't tell the difference in Picture Quality. If you had them side by side you could probably see something. But I made my screen pretty nice, I used a semi gloss white vinyl so it is really clear picture. When my projector craps out and I get one of the nice 4k projectors I may get one of the screens that allows you to have the lights on and still be clear. But if you are crafty, I say save the money and make one. you could even make a nice felt boarder frame and still be under $100

Sold* 2010 335i with Active Autowerke cat-less DP's, Cat-back exhaust, CP, and BOV, AFE stage 2 sealed intake, JB4 G5, BMS OCC, BMS oil cooler valve, Alpina Transmission flash and other misc coding.
Appreciate 0