View Single Post
      11-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #16
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Guys,

You have to use a heat gun and remove the roundel which is basically a sticker on the chrome base.

Once I found this out I just ordered a new part from BMW. 29 dollars US. I then had my body shop paint the chrome base, which is stuck to the car with two grommets and adhesive tape.

I painted mine space grey as that is a color scheme I have going on with my X5M. Had the rear diffuser painted space grey and the side molding along the doors (that long strip) painted space grey since the car is metallic black to add some contrast.

My body shop then took the aftermarket emblem. Shaved the grommet sections in the back down and sanded it so it would adhere well to the newly painted base.

Getting that emblem off the chrome housing is a challenge and takes time and a good heat gun.

Personally, go the route I did. I'm sure if you called IND up they could do it as well if you don't have a good body shop you trust.

Now I have my carbon fiber roundels on the ca and the rear looks like it is OEM! Very happy with the results, but man was it a pain.

Makes me realize how easy it is modding my E90 M3!!
Appreciate 0