View Single Post
      05-14-2018, 12:38 PM   #90
X5ervson
Registered
Rep
Drives: in the process of buying

hey guys digging thru this threat imo it sounds like the x5 is pretty solid ... with any man made product experience will vary ... but i like what i am seeing ... i once owned an 2006 clk 500 that i purchased without researching it first ... and there was no varation with the feedback on that vehicle most owners experience the same issues and were replacing the same parts consistently to the point alot of people just recommeded that you dont by the vehicle because it was a serious mechincal issues ... i had mines in the shop every 3 months ... which imo is unacceptable thats a lemon in my opinion and should be a disgrace to any brand ... but i am not saying the mercedes brand is trash ... its just certain release like my 2006 clk 500 amg ... that specific model year etc was trash ... i had people with older or new with different models who didnt experience the same issues ... even with researching the x5 im starting to learn majority of the models with additional "mechanical headaches" are due to the sup'd up versions like the 550s amgs m series etc... those usually come with the addition unforseen mtce ... and imo it makes sense those models are built for speed and perforance ... any speed and performance vehicles needs a little more attention to mtce due to the setup and heating issues ... think about it real race cars needs inspection and repairs every run ... the M classes and AMGs arent quite race track cars but they are built like it and imo dont require daily mtce but def quartly mtce especially if you push it hard ... so all in all there was talk about knowing what you brought ... i think we all know what we purchased but imo your cant claim luxury if it doesnt last ! with that being said it sounds like the x5 as long as you go base and take care of it holds true to this ... the only thing we should expect is to pay a little more for our pricey parts ... but we shouldnt be visiting the dealer for repairs every other month or more frequently than that ... thats not acceptable for any brand imo no matter the cost you paid for the vehicle ...

but back to the x5 specifically ... digging thru the thread i notice some common repairs ... but no one was documenting the cost ... can anyone inform me of the cost to repair these items ... cause based on the response i should expect to def replace these parts ... which i am not mad @ because most cars go thru the same mtce around this time ...

looking for prices !!

most mentioned replacements

water pump
oil pan gasket
Transfer case fluid
plugs / coil

honorable mentions lol

Fuel pump
Air suspension
Glow Plug Controller
belts (someone mentioned $300 sounds kind of low for a bmw wanted more responses on this )
(Replaced Serpentine and AC belt and pulleys-300$ parts and labor)
drive shaft and front and rear axel shafts
front suspension

and i need prices cause im debating on wether or not to get the extended warranty only cause of the cost
they want $3k+ for 2yrs and $5k for 3yrs ... the vehicle im looking @ is an 2013 35i with 86k ... looking @ the
responses im thinking it maybe better to opt out cause i look to either see minimum mtce with in the next couple of years
or maybe break even with the warranty @ average ... and @ worst the warranty may save me $1,000 or more ... if i end up being
one of the unlucky x5 owners to get a dud lol ...
Appreciate 0