-c-
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwannabe
Hi everyone,

Picked up a 2011 MSport 35i in May of this year. Took it to the local dealership for the first time and they're telling me I have extended Warranty , which I was totally not expecting.

This is a pleasant surprise as I have a lot of small issues I was planning to pay out of pocket for but looks like it should all be covered.

I'm getting a full inspection done today, along with the necessary driveshaft recall. Wondering about the following:

Any recommendations for things to look for before I run out of warranty in 3 weeks? here is my list so far:
  1. Transfer Case ( I know I have the low-speed shudder issue on tight turns.. they are looking into it )
  2. FRM Module ( one Halo light is out and I know its the FRM) Is this covered by warranty?
  3. Idler/Tensioner pulley seems very noisy - especially on cold mornings. Anyone had this fixed under warranty?
  4. High Presure Fuel Pump ( does this just unexpectly go out leaving you stranded? any preventative work can be done here?)
  5. Oil Filter Gasket and Lower oil pan gasket ( Read about this on the forum )
  6. Valve Cover Gasket oil leak

Besides the above - any recommendations on things I should ask the dealer to check before warranty expires? I have no clue about service history on this car. I assume they won't share this with me in any case.

like i said, I'm paying them to do a full inspection on the car ( recommended by the SA ). Im hoping i can use this as insurance in case they try to deny an obvious issue just out of Warranty.

TIA and looking forward to being a part of this forum.

FWIW I owned an E46 M3 ( stolen ) and E46 323 (sold ) before this and used to most of my own maintenance.
You lucky devil ! That's over 9k worth of work you'll get covered ! The transfer case alone is like 6 k
Appreciate 0