08-27-2014, 12:49 PM   #3
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousemoon View Post
Sorry - just bought one last week - a 2011 X5 xDrive35d with 3 rows, entertainment center with 2 screens (the BMW kind), and fully loaded with almost all options - found it at a BMW dealer in northern Pennsylvania. I found it at cpo.bmwusa.com - I recommend you do the same, do a model search, then specify 2011 X5d and with 3rd row seat as a feature to be incorporated into the search. It's how I found mine 90 miles away from where I am. Check out my profile

And loving it too!

C-
Good input on checking the BMWUSA.com CPO page...that's where I found mine as well. Though the search doesn't have to be limited to 2011's - a 2012 gets you another year of warranty and the LED coronas Or a 2013...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007_e350 View Post
Preferably under 50k miles -
That could be a challenging vehicle to find, at least close to you, and especially if you have any other 'must haves' on your list - packages, options, colors, etc. 3rd row and rear-entertainment are not that common, especially on the same vehicle.

The BMWUSA.com CPO page currently has a bug within the search tool - it won't let you search outside 500 miles (which you may need to do). I saw just 2 35d's within 500 miles of a Chicago zip code where you live with 3rd row, neither of which had the rear-entertainment system. Autotrader of course will have even more to offer.

The rear-entertainment system from the factory is in a strange location. You might be better off finding an X5 that has everything you want including 3rd row and then adding BMW's OEM dual entertainment system after the fact, like lighthousemoon has in the post above. This one here -
http://www.getbmwparts.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462

It's spendy but offers an additional screen, mounted in a better location (IMO), and simplifies your search quite a bit.

Good luck

Last edited by jiggz; 08-27-2014 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 0