View Single Post
      07-22-2016, 07:51 PM   #4
dickbutt
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by -c- View Post
Well it sounds like it's rpm related so I'd say it's something engine related, but does it make the noise while in park or Neutral and rev the engine ? If it does then you can probably say it's engine related for sure.

I would normally say wine is sometimes diff related.

Haven't heard that on mine. I would suggest a fluid flush anyhow as your getting up in the miles but you could wait till 75k miles.

My trans was transformed with the flush and the jerkiness stopped after it and shifts like brand new so it does help. Good luck with your diagnoses.
Well it still does it after I put the vehicle in Park and rev the engine. Someone suggested that it might be one of the pulleys making noise and is unlikely the transmission or anything behind that.

I have 46k miles. I actually considered getting the trans fluid/filter changed recently to maybe perhaps cross out the possibility that it was the transmission making the noise. So I called the dealer... SA laughed and told me it's lifetime and they simply don't do it. Guess I'll have to find an indy for that.

I just really hope it's the pulley with the bolt that was replaced under recall actiing up... then I can blame the service department and get it fixed free.
Appreciate 0