View Single Post
      11-30-2015, 03:54 PM   #39
heatmizr
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 50i M-Sport

Update on Battery Charging:
Although my battery is giving me no issues or signs of weakness, I continue to see only ~11.87v at the posts under the hood.
So I have continued to monitor my voltage with the above mentioned Jebsen cigarette lighter voltage monitor. I have detected no change in the several months of watching it. Except for 2 secs at startup (where it reads 11.x), its always reading 13-14+ volts no matter how I drive.

Which has me wondering if everything is actually fine but the voltage as measured at the terminals in the engine bay is low. Could there be a voltage drop from the battery in the rear to the front under-hood posts?

I guess the only way to answer it is to pop the trunk floor and measure there. I will report back in a day or two once I check to see if there is a difference.

NO OTHER ISSUES to report. Been motoring happily! No change whatsoever to my Oil Level reading yet after close to 5k miles, still pegged at the MAX line.

I have been noticing a bit of wear on the driver's seat seam that runs front-to-back on the left (door) side of the seat bottom. I don't think I rub it too hard getting in and out, but maybe the prev owner was a bit shorter and did. The gloss has worn off the edge of that seam, so I'll be looking to treat that in some way and try not to wear it further.
e90 328i - sold
e36 M3 - Gone to become a track star

Last edited by heatmizr; 01-07-2016 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 0