07-28-2014, 01:15 PM   #42
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev ///Me View Post
That I can agree with. For anyone that really wants the performance, in the price point, the Z06 will be and should be a contender.

I'll use the same analogy, are you going to pay for a BMW that costs $375,000 or would you buy something like a Lamborghini or Ferrari? The badge matters more and more the higher up in price you go. This is just human nature. You want to reward yourself for the hard work you've done.Not drive something everyone else drives. That's human psyche.

I know someone who just picked up a Black GT3. So gorgeous.
I wouldn't suggest that you ask me a question like that... I'm one of those kooks that happens to love the LF-A.

I get your point, and I think it's probably true for the majority of buyers out there, especially for those that aren't necessarily performance purists. I don't think that Chevy intends on selling the Z06 in volume, so they don't need to appeal to a large crowd. It will be perfect for the brand: dish up some headline numbers and serve as a halo car for the brand and for the Corvette nameplate. The C7 chassis has proven to be hugely capable, and not just via on-paper stats. I have a strong feeling that we'll get a pleasant surprise once reviews start cropping up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wingman- View Post
Yes, you are actually. Let me repeat myself since you're having trouble comprehending what my point is. At 100-125k, the Z06 will no longer offer the same bargain it did before because it is now hypothetically priced in a niche with cars that offer more than sufficient performance that are categorized as 'premium'(and this is not solely based on the badges they don). Previously at 70k, there was basically no car that could offer both the same performance as a Z06 and offer the qualities of a premium car.
There's no need to get personal, I just think that our perception of value and the intended role of the C7 Z06 are at odds. The C6 Z06 doesn't have a real equivalent on offer today, and the C7 Z06 doesn't look like it's exactly going to change that. From what we can see, the C7 Z06 is going to make the ZR1 nameplate obsolete (literally, as Chevy reports that there isn't an upcoming ZR1 in the pipeline), so if the car receives pricing that follows suit I think that is sensible.
Appreciate 0