07-28-2014, 11:50 AM   #35
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
"Everyone seems to be quantifying the value of the new Z06 solely on the amount of horsepower it produces over its competitors and its performance capabilities. But for over 100k, you're now contending with premium cars like the GT3, R8, F-Type coupe, M6, etc. Yes, they will be slower than the new Z06, but it's not always about performance."

Am I incorrect by interpreting the above quote as "the Z06 is a numbers car, and when you go beyond $100k, the idea that it can be considered a bargain value becomes questionable." My previous post was countering this notion.

To summarize my last statment: the Z06 will remain a bargain at that [my completely hypothetical] $125k pricepoint. "Premium" isn't a relevant selling point.
Wing and I are on the same page here. The Z06 will be the bargain super-car just like the GT-R, but paying that much for something with a Chevy badge on it is the problem. People aren't motor heads like we are. Me, I wouldn't take a Z06 over a GT3. Anything else in the class, absolutely. I know I sound like a snob, but it's true. I feel the same way about the GT-R. Too expensive for the badge. For 125k, I can have myself a used Aston Martin, and I wouldn't care about performance. 'Exclusivity' become a factor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucBroDude View Post
TRAITOR.
Appreciate 0