07-28-2014, 10:15 AM   #27
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wingman- View Post
Everyone seems to be quantifying the value of the new Z06 solely on the amount of horsepower it produces over its competitors and its performance capabilities. But for over 100k, you're now contending with premium cars like the GT3, R8, F-Type coupe, M6, etc. Yes, they will be slower than the new Z06, but it's not always about performance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Wingman- View Post
I said horsepower and performance. What else does it do 'extreme?' Extreme interior? Like I said, it's not always about performance which is why if the new Z06 is priced according to speculation, it won't necessarily be the bargain car it used to be. Bargain for the performance, but not the total package.
Why does the Z06 have to compromise its performance for the sake of luxury? Those cars you listed in your first post do a great job of filling the role of the pampered sports car/GT. If luxury is even near a consumer's top priority then this isn't the car for them; they can go cross-shop about twenty superb alternatives.

Let's use the recently-defunct ZR1 for perspective. I think it's more than fair to say that most everyone considered it a bargain supercar killer. $109,130 bought you a real performance machine with the interior of a port-o-potty. This upcoming Z06 is based on a superior chassis, features a higher output motor, and has an interior that doesn't look like it came from a Chevy thrift shop.

Appreciate 0