08-01-2015, 05:46 AM   #37
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
The algorithm is smarter than that, it takes more than one user reporting "not there" for the "hazard" to go away.

Also what that cop is doing is unethical and illegal not to mention not doing their job and therefore wasting public funds.
LOL. I'm not sticking up for the police and speed traps, but the people you elected to run your county/state make it the job of the police to enforce the speed limits (like dude, it's not ALL they do by the way). And subverting a phone app is not illegal. LOL.

Trust me, I've got my share of speeding tickets and failure to obey traffic devices, blah, blah, blah. Oh, and the time I got a ticket for driving too slow because I was following a guy who ran me off the road when he was on his cell phone (he actually gave me the finger AFTER running ME off the road) -pacing the little pussy by being in front of him - he was driving too slow. Anyway, Last I checked SPEEDING was illegal. If you don't like cops running speed enforcement then don't participate. What unethical is using an app to break posted speed limits.

I drive 160 miles round trip every day to work so driving above the speed limit is in my best interest to make my commute short as possible. But if I get caught, then that's on me.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0