View Single Post
      09-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
rleestma
Rep
Drives: 2010 X6 M

My new X6 M -- Impressions, Pics, Videos !

OK, sorry that it took me so long to get this up, but it's been a crazy couple of days.

So, as I posted before, I am currently the only bonafide owner of an X6 M. Some of you may have read my previous post, I actually did get a good deal as my X5 was coming off lease.

Impressions

Power - It was posted that the power was not that different than an X5, I couldn't disagree more. I think that the power is simply outstanding, it's instant, and frankly the hardest thing I have right now is learning how to apply it properly. It is a hell of a vehicle.

Suspension - My X5 seemed to give the rider more of the impression that they were "in between the wheels", whereas the X6 M is quite springy right now. I am anticipating that this will settle down as the suspension breaks in. Also, the suspension is noticeably stiffer than my X5. In fact, I had to really get used to it and sit further forward so as to not agitate my back (I'm 6'6" so it goes with the territory).

Seats - The seats are not as comfortable as the sport seats I had in my X5. I miss the arch of my old seats. I can feel the shoulder support is higher than in my X5, and I'm guessing that this is by design. Besides, I didn't see a seat option so I figure it is what it is.

Technology - Sick. Just sick. Anything you coudl ever want.

Looks - The view from the front is absolutely incredible, the car looks like it's about to take off into space. The view from the rear is not nearly as appealing IMHO (unless you're looking at it from dead behind), but I guess the idea is that you will keep the vehicle moving forward in traffic that this won't be an issue.

Crowd Reaction - It's really amazing how many people have been smiling and waving to me in this car, it really does capture attention. I'm hoping that this is a good thing.

Paint - When I first started thinking about the X6M (having known nothing of M cars) I envisioned a really light blue color. The silverstone metallic is silver under direct sunlight, but turns a light blue in dimmer light. Absolutely spectacular color IMHO, probably a big reason why I bought the car on the spot.

If anyone has any questions I'd be happy to answer.

I took some videos, they're all on my YouTube channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rleestma

Here are some pics

Enjoy!

Ryan

Name:  x6m-a.jpg
Views: 8696
Size:  218.2 KB

Name:  x6m-b.jpg
Views: 8768
Size:  193.4 KB

Name:  x6m-c.jpg
Views: 8504