View Single Post
      07-06-2017, 08:33 AM   #80
e36bmer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Revolving door of BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
No luck with the smoke machine? A buddy tried halfassing a fog machine into a smoke machine but it didn't work lol. I replaced all the vacuum lines above the turbos but I've yet to replace everything from the vacuum solenoids to the turbos themselves. What about the 1" diameter plastic vacuum line that sits on the bridge over the turbos, #3 in the LH picture? I had a hairline crack in mine, along the bottom edge, that was only visible when removed and bent 180*. I've already replaced everything in the RH picture, I've yet to finish the two parts running of the valve covers from the LH picture. I've got a catch can setup just sitting on my shelf waiting to get installed to replace the typical BMW plastic that goes brittle too quickly common to all the PCV/CCV stuff.

I knowingly bugged Terry too much in the beginning of my JB4 tuning, had some logging issues, figured out along the way that mine didn't like E30 and the colder plugs trick to fix the misfires, where it all ultimately got to the point where he told me to find a local tuner. Point being, if you don't mind posting the firmware here, I'll take it since I don't wanna bug Terry anymore than needed. I'm sure the time will come though.

I haven't gotten the chance to get to it yet. Maybe next week. I've actually already replaced every line in the crankcase vent system already. I will check them all again though. I'll email you the last couple firmware revisions I got.
Appreciate 0