11-20-2015, 11:08 AM   #57
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Ah yes, the imaginary unicorn scenario where BMW's "back in the day" were bulletproof and were well known for their stellar reliability (they weren't but whatever makes you feel better and justifies your old man "in my day" nonsense that no one cares about).

I wanted to stop at "IMO" but I kept going. Figures I find more imaginary nonsense where you actually think BMW's were once known for being indestructible. They aren't Toyotas. BMW's were always known for expensive repairs out of warranty, this is nothing new. Again, these aren't Toyotas.

Agreed, but many people think otherwise, since BMW sells many of them at hefty margins. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

This is the only forum I've been on where people use other cars that a manufacturer builds to justify not buying from that brand anymore. I don't like an X4, doesn't mean I wouldn't buy an M3 in spite of it.

Such a juvenile attitude around these forums. So many people want to stroke their egos and wax philosophical about "brand image" and how you think it'll be damaged and therefore people won't look at your car in the same light anymore. For starters, practically nobody cares what kind of car you drive nor do they care to make long drawn conclusions about you based solely on the car you drive and those that do are shallow and not worth a damn anyway.

If it bothers you that much sell your BMW amd buy a Porsche, who now makes high performance SUV's as well (which also sell exceptionally well) or buy an Audi (who now builds a car which is essentially a Jetta, which also sells exceptionally well), or buy a Mercedes (which now builds a FWD car after a long standing philosophy of building RWD based cars...that car also sells exceptionally well).

Times change, markets expand, but clearly you know something all of those manufacturers don't know. You should share with them your stellar business plan and if they decide to stop counting the large increase in sales numbers and profits, maybe they'll listen to what you have to say.

You remind me of those people who think Cadillac lost its way once they stopped calling cars the Fleetwood. People with your sort of mindset are those who resist change and innovation so luckily no one in a position to actually make decisions listens to people like you otherwise we'd all be stuck driving NA I6's that are over 20 years old and with no navi or bluetooth, because those things are distractions that take away from the thrill of driving (or whatever people like you complained about when manufacturers started offering them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
Got it. You're right, I'm wrong -
not that you would ever admit it..
Appreciate 0