Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 650xi Gran Coupe Msport

Garage List
2020 BMW M340xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymi View Post
Yes, agree with you. For my purposes, the 298M wheels with the Good Years are working fine, as this isn't a daily driver. And, with the X drive there isn't too much that will stop this for even the most novice of drivers (of which I am not). The price of the 298M set is crazy, but as I pointed out to the OP, there is a set for sale on eBay for $1750 which is not a bad price. I happened to find mine with 3 months usage for $1000!!! A set of spacers and I was off. I'll take the slightly narrow look and find something else to do with the extra cash.

But, all things being said, your setup is very nice. And my set is on 5 months also so I definitely need something safe that will also look good going by everyone else!
It's all a matter of personal preference. The M's ass and is just so wide - I think it make the 19's stand out more, and the fender flares are also the widest of the X5's, so it looks more tucked on the M than it does on other models.
2014 BMW 650xi Gran Coupe Msport Black Sapphire Metallic on full black merino leather. 20" M5 343M wheels for summer, 20" 373 wheels for winter with Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8 studded snow tires. M6 CP exhaust with M6 Diffuser and ///M Performance carbon fiber finisher. Mission Performance stage 1.5 and transmission tune.
Appreciate 0