View Single Post
      03-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #90
Pex5
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 X5 4.8i

I'm still confused....

Regarding the M performance package. The bulletin says it has everything the prior sport pack had plus XYZ... So it has adaptive drive.

And that's a problem for me..

This is a touchy subject on the boards, but adaptive drive IMHO sucks. I had it on the 550 sport and it was great. But on our X5 the sport suspension is too damn hard and that's what you get with adaptive drive. Notice the "sport suspension delete" on the sport activity package description.

Now my issue is the wheels on the sport activity for 2013. I was so amped that the 13' 3.5i sport (which I have on order) would come with the 336 wheels (on the 2012 X6/X5 5.0). But apparently that's only with the M pack. The regular sport activity car gets the 214s, which are great but have been so for like 5 years now and our current X5 has them... WHEN has there ever been an LCI BMW that continues to use the same wheels !!!!!!!!?????? The 214s have been on the car since spy shots back in 2006 - thats when the ban on flying with toiletries was imposed to put that into perspective!

THIS STINKS. I'm not getting the M pack.. Love the look of it, the steering wheel the rims...cannot tolerate paying for the poor ride quality of adaptive drive (mind you this is a family vehicle).

My2C
DRP
Appreciate 0