06-06-2009, 02:52 PM   #13
teagueAMX
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Some are road worthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW NA Customer Relations View Post
I am with BMW of North America, LLC. Check your inbox for our offer of assistance.
Very cool - keep it up.

I think it's interesting that BMW is one of the few, and maybe the only company (I'm not aware of any other), that offers a maintenance free (virtually 0 cost after ownership) warranty.

One could argue this is strictly good business, and it is, since European cars in general have a reputation for being finicky and troublesome. A close friend owned a nice MB SUV and traded it after six months due to constant trips to the delaer for repairs. Another friend owned a Daimler-Chrysler Crossfire and got rid of that because the dealer was constantly ordering new ecm's from Germany. In both cases the owners anticipated very expensive maintenance/repairs after normal warranty expired.

BMW's good warranty goes a long way to providing consumers the confidence that purchasing a fine European car means not having to shell out a lot of maintenance/repair $'s for the 2nd, 3rd, etc. years of ownership. No doubt that has contributed to the bimmer's popularity and good sales. I think it even better that BMW NA Customer Relations is monitoring boards like this and steps in once in a while to assist.

dmlgc +1 Some of the other BMW divisions should be listening as well.

Last edited by teagueAMX; 06-07-2009 at 02:07 AM..
Appreciate 0