01-27-2015, 01:38 AM   #69
bmwarg
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i, 2012 E70 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmaj View Post
I wouldn't be too concerned about the leak....random leaks can happen at any time.

There are many many many threads out there on tires. However, unless something has recently changed, to CPO the car they have to put OE tires on it, which means Bridgestones or Dunlops. You'll probably have to get Bridgestones unless you can swing something with the dealer where you get the car and then immediately sell them back the Duelers in exchange for something else, or they just agree to wink wink nudge nudge and CPO it with the tire of your choice.

There aren't too many tire options out there for these wheels. I would avoid the Toyo Proxes 4 Plus, I had them on my M5 very briefly and they were horrible. Once my Duelers go I'll be switching to DWS' and getting a compact spare. PSS' are always a popular option as well.
Quick read seems to suggest Dunlop are more expensive and better for grip but less good for wear (last about 10k miles less).

I read that M sport suspension + 20" wheels + RFT = a very harsh ride. Should I be concerned that the previous owner did not change the tires in 38k miles? I remember RFT tires got harsher with time. Would driving with bald tires cause the suspension to be negatively affected?

Also, if I find that the ride is a bit harsh when test driving do you think I can mitigate this by getting non-RFT tires?

Also, does anyone know if the VIN decoder tells you whether the car comes with a spare?

Last edited by bmwarg; 01-27-2015 at 04:41 AM..
Appreciate 0