Drives: X5M

Garage List
2011 BMX X5M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc61187 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by archival View Post
I'm back...

Couple months and a few miles after the driveshaft failure and subsequent massively expensive repair, the newly replaced transmission just grenaded itself while driving through a school zone at low speed.

BMW is covering the replacement in full despite now being out of warranty... Can't speak higher about that level of customer service... Can't speak lower about the amount of problems this vehicle has had.

At this point, BMW warranty has shelled out so much money fixing my X5 50i that I could have bought a new one.

Love the vehicle, love driving it, shocked that it's the least reliable vehicle I've ever owned.

Hey, I just got my BMW x5 from a private party. Bought it with 89k and 2 months later drive shaft fails and blows a hole in transmission. Come to find out my car is apart of the recall. Do you think bmw would take care of the transmission since it got damaged by a recalled drive shaft?
They certainly should replace the transmission as well! sounds like many others had that done for them as well.
Appreciate 0