View Single Post
      07-09-2020, 12:10 PM   #2
Nyc Dito
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashRat View Post
Hi Guys and Gals, been a few years since I've been active here but we still have our 2011 35d and love it. This car has every option imaginable even up to the $1,200 stitched leather dash. I don't see us getting rid of it anytime soon.

What I'm tired of is all the emissions BS. After 138k miles and replacing SCR, NOX etc (all under TSB warranties thankfully) our DPF is finally on its way out too. Emissions is literally the only thing that has ever gone wrong with this car. So, I'm ready to drop a couple grand deleting it all.

So far I have on the way

- Rawtek midpipe
- 1320 downpipe
- flap delete

Total cost so far $920.

Where I'm a little hung up on is the tune options. My objectives are to improve performance, maintain reliability, eliminate any CEL's associated with the delete, and show OBDII readiness in case the car ever has to go through testing.

As I see them, my options are

- JR Auto
- Malone
- off-brand

What I'm most curious about for the sake of this post is who here is using an off-brand delete tune, why did you choose the one you did, and would you get the same one again? I'd really like to keep this down to $2k if possible but I'm willing to spend up to $2,500. My thinking is if one of the off-brand tunes will work for $500-600 vs JR's $1,100-$1,500 options, I would add the xhp trans tune too.

Thank you all in advance for the help!
My X5D story is pretty much like yours. I have the Rawtek full delete kit and I plan on going with DUDMD for tuning once I'm out of warranty (most likely sooner). Since my days in my E38 he has been tuning and also has a tune for the M57's now. I have no experience with other tunes you mentioned on the 35d, but he has been the most responsive and helpful between the few choices I had reached out to.

Ive heard great things about both Malone and JR. I would assume whomever you go with, you will be pleased. Malone would be my second choice. The flashzilla option sounds really cool to have.