04-03-2015, 05:50 PM   #14
My335iTT
Moooore Power!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Space Grey 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Stay away from the Alienware and all that overpriced nonsense, I build rigs far superior to what they have for much less money.

Honestly, your budget is pretty low for a really good gaming PC, but it can still be done I guess. For the processor I'd just start out with an i7 920. I think you can find them on Ebay or whatever for like $50. You can overclock them to 4.2ghz with little effort (spend the money on a good cooler. I liquid cool everything, but your budget won't permit this), and they are all you need for the gaming titles of today. Don't go spending $250 on a CPU, it's just not worth it with your limited budget. The video card is the most important part, just get a GTX 970. I think they can be had for around $320 or so now on Amazon. For the last $600 of your budget, you should be able to get a decent case, mobo, RAM, and perhaps an SSD (though it will be low capacity).
You sold me on an i7 lol

New build, but can someone help me with the memory issue. I still want 16gbs of ram, just a set that will work with my mobo.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9k6tbv

SeanE92 - SCAMMER
Appreciate 0