08-27-2012, 02:40 AM   #20
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterc1962 View Post
Cannot compare to a 40d as I didn't own one before, switched from a X3 35i. Sorry, pic of dials is a bit blurred. It's pearl silver, interior Merino slate perforated, wheels are standard on the M50d.
Most options in there except for TV, rearseat entertainment, DAB-Tuner, CD-changer, Sunroof, rear sunshades.

What shall I say about the drive, torque torque torque, an impressive mass of torque available at any moment. At the same time and I am still trying to avoid it as I have about 900 KM on it only, the best revving diesel I have ever tried, that thing tries to rev up like a punchy petrol engined car. Together with the really quick 8-speed transmission it is almost hard to surf on the torque wave and not get the engine to rev past the 4K mark. And the sound is a deep low growl when you step on it, very nice in my opinion. Got 800 km out of the first tank at around 9.5L/100km (you gotta do the math yourself if you want mpg :-))
Thanks a lot! Sorry I confused you with another forum member who said he is moving from a 40d to 50d. Your car looks awesome, a bit dissapointed about them dials, as the online configurator used to show them different, reality is that they are not that different, but the M word appearing is still cool . Interesting comment about the deep low growl, 40d does sound good for a diesel, but I heard 50d sounds way better. Anyways, congrats. Regarding the mileage, my 40d had similar "mileage" at the start, but unfort, it started to increase Not really sure whether it is the style of driving changing after a while, but possible. Once again congrats and thank you for the review and sharing the photos.
Appreciate 0