View Single Post
      02-08-2014, 07:08 PM   #8
RDX6
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 35i

Kerrazy,

I agree, I suspect originally they were trying to get my car back to me as soon as possible. Like any service organization quality and timely return of product are major factors.....so you can start on the next job.

I do laugh a bit because in the normal world, you do preventative maintenance to prevent things like this, however in this case it may have actually caused the problem!!! haha I must say that my SA was trying his best to resolve the matter without it being an out of packet expense, so the extra mile really matters here so I will definitely give him high marks and write a comment on the evaluation.

However one thing that does concern me is the amount of plastic in the engine compartments. The plastic pieces that go through different temperature changes just doesn't seem efficient to have in the engine area. Had an issue with some plastic hoses on my cayenne that needed to be replace because fluid was leaking on the starter. Apparently there is a class action suit against Porsche, got something in the mail and mail them my invoice and receipt for reimbursement.

Yea when he told me 160 I wasn't going to piss a fit because they at least tried to resolve the issue with some common sense which is dam near impossible for dealers to do sometimes.

Once I pickup on Tuesday, I will post parts and labor so everyone can have an idea. I also did some research on another site and apparently these expansion tanks are notorious for hairline cracks. So I would suggest if you are having a coolant leak and there is no visible leakage on the ground, radiator or on the engine anywhere, examine the expansion tank with a fine tooth comb. Any size crack, hole anything will cause coolant to evaporate from the expansion tank.

Also funny, I'm not trying to be age bias at all but the technician that worked on my car looked all but 22 years old, I'm all for skilled young people but that also got me thinking would an old timer working on my car cause an issue. Just food for thought, but wont go down that road because there are some very skilled trained young people working on some very complex cars.

Thanks to all those who offered their thoughts on this matter. It's almost crazy to think what people were doing before forums!! LOL

Last edited by RDX6; 02-08-2014 at 07:19 PM..
Appreciate 0