View Single Post
      02-08-2014, 04:07 PM   #6
RDX6
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW X6 35i

Here is the latest news. So my SA called and said there are hairline cracks in the expansion tank. So he first tried to see if BMW NA would cover it since it was possibly due to the cold weather here in Chicago, the coolant flush while cycling could of put stress on the tank to cause the cracks while it was in for service and I didn't have any issues prior to bringing it in.

Obviously of course BMWNA declined the repair, however I appreciated the try. So my SA talked to the service manager and they said they would cover the labor if I purchased the expansion tank at a discounted price of $160.00. I'm not sure what the full price for the expansion tank and the cost of the labor involved. However I felt paying for the discounted expansion tank was fair, as I suspect most dealers would of charged me full price and labor and tried to wash their hands of any fault.

So all in all I think this probably turned out as best as it could, short of me not paying anything at all. I guess this can be chalked up in the good dealer experience column which is probably a short list!! hahahhah
Appreciate 0