Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: In The Market For A New One

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaudir8fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PIEZON View Post
So coming full circle... Last year I purchased a Macan Turbo. It is an awesome car! But not for me! I had to learn the hard way. Put 10% down, had it for about 11 months. I had serious buyer's remorse. I regretted putting the money down and the sale of our '07 BMW X3. At least I kept our '11 X3! So I learned a pricey lesson! Now I'm updating the '11 with a Dinan Stage 1 and should be good until the X3M comes out live and learn, live and learn!
interesting comments, care to elaborate why? in my view the Macan is the one to go for in that class so what's the issue?
Sure, from my perspective and experience... Overall the car is awesome!!!! I absolutely loved it! But it wasn't for me. Here is my why... The biggest one was my wife hated the Porsche persona. Just hated it. I told her I did not purchase it to impress anyone. I just loved the package of sports car and utility. So that created ongoing tension. Here are the others that I certainly could have lived with but made my switch back to the X3 more practical. Back seat space was tight. Could not fit my parents and daughter back there as comfortable as X3. Even two teenage girls are snug back there on those occasions. I liked the BMW tech better - HUD, backup camera, iDrive system. The BMW service center is also closer, more convenient, loaners, etc. that was something I missed too. Plus the fact that I could tune my current X3 with Dinan stage 1, the new X3M is coming out soon and my wife is supportive of the BMW brand it was a no brainer for me.