United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by n_sievers View Post
So finally got mine replaced yesterday. I had brought this up previously when in for another service issue as I could feel a slight vibtation when lightly accelarating under load but was told they inspected and had to be my tires........It was in for another issue so i just let it go for the time being and learned to pick my battles one at a time. I drive the car only rarely so gave it some time and inspected the driveshaft myself and found some signs of grease splatter and confirmed it was the old part # so schedule it to go in and told my SA I was aware of the catastrophic damage that can be associated with failure and in preparing for an upcoming road trip did not feel comfortable driving it. I was told that even though i received the letter of warranty extension the production date fell outside of the range but would inspect and make a determination. Low and behold they found it showing initial signs of failure and replaced. Now the shake on acceleration is gone!
Christ this sounds terrible. Firstly; you got a letter indicating you were covered. Secondly; Your Truck had the old part installed in production which means their dates of coverage are absolutely useless. Thirdly; Your truck falls outside the spectrum of coverage?? WHAT BS!! You had to beg them to replace a few hundred dollar part, MSRP that is, which has been flagged as a serious issue that could cause catastrophic failure. This is insane. I'm happy you got this fixed but this could have been a shit show for you.

Last edited by StatenEye; 06-23-2016 at 08:56 AM..
Appreciate 0